In this article, we will learn about the White German Shepherd dog breed information and all their related works.
The White German Shepherd is a beautiful and versatile breed of dog that has been gaining popularity in recent years. They are known for their intelligence, loyalty, and trainability, making them an ideal companion for those seeking a dog with an even temperament. For those who have the time to invest in proper training and socialization, these dogs make excellent family pets.
History: Origin and Development
The German Shepherd is a mixture of many herding dogs. They were bred at the end of 19 century, by the cavalryman of Prussia which name is Max von Stephanitz. He takes the many herding dogs that are healthy and robust. Then crossed all the herding dogs with each other. He wants to make an optimal utility dog breed. As a result, German Shepherds formed which contains also white in color.
The German Shepherd Dog Club was founded in 1899. The shepherds were famous as an Internation breed after the Second World War. The Police and militaries used them as a service dog.
Many people associated this breed with Nation Socialism due to their German Virtues. But with the passage of time, they are not associated with the National Socialism dog, fortunately. Their value is increased worldwide, because of their original goal of breeding Max von Stephanitz which is a resilient working, and persistent dog which also has many positive characteristics.
The Temperament of White German Shepherd Dog Breed Information
The White German Shepherd is known for its even temperament. They are typically calm and fearless, yet alert, making them great guard dogs. They tend to be very loyal to their family and can quickly bond with them if given proper training and socialization as puppies.
Relevant breed article: Siberian Husky.
- They are Large in size
- Female height: 55 to 60 cm. Male height: 60 to 65 cm.
- Female weight: 31 to 35 kg.
- Male weight: 34 to 40 kg
- Double coated, Medium-hair, and full white.
- They contain full white color, white to silver or light gray.
- Their lifespan is 12 to 14 years.
- Yes, they can Naturally swim easily.
- No, They can not.
- Sheepdog, Cattle dog.
Need of Exercise
- They need 1 to 2 hours of exercise a day.
- Yes, they are known for barking.
Characteristics of White German Shepherd
Some characteristics of the White German Shepherd are given below:
- The White German Shepherd is a majestic, courageous, highly intelligent dog and loyal breed of dog.
- The White German Shepherd is an impressive-looking dog with its snow-white coat and bright eyes.
- It is said to be one of the most intelligent canine breeds, characterized by its strong loyalty and protective instincts.
- This large-sized working dog has a muscular body, an alert expression, and an upright posture that makes it stand out from other breeds.
- White German Shepherds are known for their soft white fur coats with long hair that covers the entire body.
- Their coats can range in color from creamy white to silver or light gray.
- They have erect ears that stand tall atop their head and an elongated muzzle with dark eyes that give them a wise expression.
- They make devoted companions who enjoy the company of humans.
- These dogs are also very active, so they need plenty of exercise to stay healthy and happy.
- Furthermore, their strong herding instincts mean that they do best when given lots of opportunities to guard or protect something or someone close to them.
- White German Shepherds are also great family pets, they form strong bonds with their owners and respond well to positive reinforcement training methods such as clicker training.
Diet and Food
Choose the composition of food to see the dog’s activity level and age. The feed should contain every essential mineral and nutrients which can be easily digestible. Remember, the food should be free from preservatives and additives because the sheepdogs get allergies to these substances.
The White German Shepherd has a low-lying rib cage due to their size and it cause the dread gastric distortion. This not only occurs in adults as well sometimes affects young dogs.
Not all time give your shepherd food. I share my small practice with dogs which was successful. Remember, when you dig eat any food then give them a rest for 20 minutes. If you want to give a play session to your shepherd then make sure your dog doesn’t get food because when he eats food before the game, he could be not run properly and could show laziness. The next step is when he gets exercise, then don’t give him food after exercise, your dog takes rest for 15 minutes and then get food.
A balanced diet is another means is change your shepherd’s diet with respect to their workload. If your White German Shepherd gets more exercise, play session, hunting, and walk in a day then they will need a lot of food such as rich sources of protein, fats, vitamins, etc.
If your dog does not get any daily exercise or any activity so it will not need any heavy food or protein, in the other hand its causes weight gain, if the dog gets high-protein food without any daily exercise or sessions.
In grooming, the German Shepherd needs physical requirements as well as headwork is also essential. Use a Retrieval dummy for head work, for example, first, hide the dummy and order the shepherd to search it.
Use a drag leash, if your White German Shepherd have lack self-confidence in searching the things, this drag leash performs a good tool role to prevent him from moving too far away.
Make sure their resting or sleeping place is easy to clean. Their utensil of food should be unique.
In the past, the White Germa Shepherd was used as a herding dog. They spend more time outside as a herd dog in all temperatures such as cold or bad weather also. But today also their dense coat’s original purpose is present. Their white coat is easy to maintain, at coat-changing times they shed heavily. So they need proper brush each day.
The White Germans have fewer chances to get ears problem because they have standing ears and not could inflame in any exceptional case. If your dog moves in an open place like big grass, they have a chance that any pellets or meadow can enter their ear which can be removed by a veterinarian.
Your dog does not need to claw short because if they run or get exercise daily. When he goes for a long walk, running, or hunting then checks whether their paw is injured or not.
In the end, we conclude the White German Shepherd dog breed information. The White German Shepherd is a loyal and loving dog that is sure to make any family happy. With its intelligence, playfulness, and love for outdoor activities, it’s the perfect companion to keep your family entertained while providing protection and safety.
Its gentle nature makes it an excellent choice for families with children or people who need extra help in their daily lives. It’s important to remember that this breed requires regular exercise and mental stimulation to stay healthy and happy. Hope you enjoy learning about this breed.